I must admit,
That was not how I planned my first scheduled food share friday post 😅 urmhh, as in nothing at all.
To be honest I wanted to take a step back, listen and educate myself on what's happening in the world right now rather than post a black square without reallyyyy taking the time in knowing every piece behind it. This isn't an influencer account so it felt a bit empty just regurgitating anything and everything that would flood my gram out of peer pressure and potentially mess up the algorithm and backfire (which it did). I don't have many friends but I can tell you, it's diverse. They know where I stand, and that's ::always:: alongside them.
It felt unnecessary to post and supress vital information so I kept the space open, did some research in the background, and logged onto my library app to find more ways to educate myself further.
In the meantime, while I read and dream about food, here are the books I'm reading and a small glimpse of some meals from the week!
• Uprooting Racism - How White People can Work for Racial Justice by Paul Kivel
• A Terrible Thing to Waste - Environmental Racism and its Assault on the American Mind by Harriet A. Washington
• BBQ chicken, spinach pasta, corn
• Famous hamburger and fries, and alternative bean burger and sweet potato fries (100% from scratch)
• Deep fried falafels (add to salads and wraps - also 100% from scratch)
• Pizza (100% from scratch)